I put weed barrier on the ground and covered it with coconut husk mulch, we shall see how that works for a floor but so far so good. It seems to hold a lot of moisture when when wet and transmits itself as humidity in the greenhouse.
I’ve been waiting almost 3 months for this to arrive, and am really happy that it is finally here. Now to begin filling it up!
Here is a photo of the inside of the greenhouse which mostly houses my imperialis (three different clones) and obtusifolia.
Here are my 32 starts of Hoya chinghungensis with 3 cuttings per pot:
This as you all know is my ugliest greenhouse; it gets the most sun of the three necessitating the shade cloth.
A couple of photos of the benches of plants in this greenhouse:
I really like this greenhouse primarily because it is my largest one at a size of 8X10 it gives me 80 square feet of growing area. It is mostly shaded getting no more than 2 hours of sun per day, and probably way less than that. Tomorrow the inside.
My happiest surprise so far this summer has been the huge number of new leaves that my Hoya clemensiorum has put on. Usually I can count on only a couple of leaves per year from this plant, but the combination of a bonsai mix in a s-h pot and the greenhouse has produced a huge number of new leaves. At least 10 leaves and they continue to appear. I did not even know that this was possible! Another tip, this plant almost never needs water.
Here are a couple of Photos of the inside of the house; tomorrow my biggest success so far in a fairly disappointing growing season.
Here is a photo taken this morning on a cloudy day of my one permanent greenhouse where I grow for the summer months. Tomorrow what’s inside it.